Sunday, May 6, 2007

Spidey Rocks My Socks Off!

Action, good vs. evil, romance, cute boys, and tight form-fitting outfits - oh yeah, Spiderman 3 has them all! I went into the movie thinking that it wasn't going to be THAT good. I mean the first two were awesome but honestly could you really do it again? Well I must say that it was pretty darn good! If you're a comic book geek like I am you know that the storyline doesn't exactly follow the comic or cartoon from back in the day but does a pretty good job at telling it otherwise.

Several scenes get to be quite cheesy and at times I wanted to barf thanks to the lovey-doveyness of the two lovers but overall it balances the action with the romance. It's weird though; it seemed like throughout the whole movie I felt like I could relate to the characters and what they were going through. The struggle between who we are and what we want in life. The result of someone’s actions really defines him or her and how it affects everyone around them, pretty deep stuff.

The ending is almost a surprise - they really catch you off guard but at the same time the choices that are made are realistic and "relatable" (I know Mom, its not a word! get over it!) Life comes with its ups and downs and the choices that we make to face these inner battles show who we really are; a monster or a hero.

No comments: